Saturday, December 8, 2018

                         My so not Perfect Christian Life


So Not Perfect!

Welcome to my so not perfect Christian life, where in all of my imperfection and endless nerve I shall bare my soul and hope that it isn't too scary for you my beloved brethren (and whoever else may be reading this). You can call me Uncultured Pearl or...just...challenged Christian (hopefully, transforming before your eyes by the grace and faithfulness of God). Listen, God has already performed absolute miracles in my ....character. Yes folks, the religious church lady has been, and is being very carefully removed from my person because she has done me no favors throughout my years as a Christian. I have done my best in the past to keep all flaws carefully tucked away in the courtrooms of my own heart, but it got chaotic in there and I found that I just don't like having a room that I don't want to go into!

A Light at the End of the Tunnel!

I am embarking on a new life in my Christian walk..or a new chapter....or a new book (oh whatever) ,and I feel that blogging my way into it may be helpful in putting my Christian past and present in it's true perspective and at the same time bless you, the reader with hope( where maybe you have judged yourself wrongly), a light at the end of the tunnel and some stories; a few of which you may find a lesson in! If so, great! If you just laugh your way through it, well....again great. If you are mildly amused I will see that as 5 stars so you won't too much hurt my feelings. You are also welcome to cry at your own discretion (cuz I'm sure I'll be crying at mine;).


My Uncultured Family

God, in His mysterious way has made me a dreamer, so there will be stories of how He has shaped my understanding through dreams. He has also given me a sense of humor to carry me through the most painful events in my life, so I will surely share those times. I will share my so not perfect Christian life and the lives of those precious creatures I tried my best to raise: my three sons, (and on occasion their father who I will refer to as "now-ex" with whom I have parted ways - but I will do this only when unavoidable). I respect the man for having put up with me for 26 years and we shall leave it at that unless God otherwise directs.

Let me introduce you to Justin Luke 25, my oldest son, Nicholas Jordon 21 (who I presently call Bible Man by faith) and George Olivia 20 is the last but not least. Yes. I said George OLIVIA. I named him George Oliver and whoever prepares the birth certificates renamed him. He is now soon to be 20 years old and still has his pretty middle name. Well, look people, I am not perfect! I made an attempt at changing it and it somehow failed and....I got busy okay? Anyway, when he turned 15 I was like, "Hey George we better go change your middle name because you don't want "George Olivia" on your driver's license (and by now he was required to go with me to change it....or maybe I made that up). George didn't want to do it. He was too busy. It happens! He said he didn't really care. Folks, in my book that's a real man and I'm proud of him! I did ask him though if he might feel a little embarrassed when he gets stopped and the officer has a look at his name. No telling what conclusions he might draw. Didn't care. Of course the day came when he got stopped and the Officer did ask him if he was aware of the type-o on his license and he told him yes, that it wasn't a mistake...it's his name. Yep. So that's one little glimpse of one of my kids, and there is so much more to come. I wouldn't want you to miss any of it!

Jesus Loves Me!

I am forever grateful to Jesus for breaking through this heard head and heart at the age of 19 and then pulling me back out of the mire at 25, and proving His unbelievable talent for loooooongsuffering throughout the following years! I don't know how He has stood me but The Father HAS NEVER LEFT MY SIDE! I have sinned more than a time or two since then people, but He did not leave me! And here we sit, He and I, finally doing what He has been asking of me for some time, so may He and you all have mercy on me as I stumble through this uncharted territory. You may find some of it rather rough going but maybe you will also find yourself being stretched and better able to carry the grace of God in your own beings. Let Him do perfect and let you do you, because the you in Him will continue to change until the day you go to be with Him forever....in all of your new perfection. Until then let's do some life together.

I love you, God loves you, and You must love you!
Your Uncultured Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Death and Resurrection of Peter... and Your Dreams!

After the crucifixion, and Judas betrayal, the disciples had to appoint a replacement. Peter who I'm sure knew his Bible  had read the...